Before you read all of the great things in store for the Summer Blog Social, stop by my good friend Sarah’s place to read my guest post on what I would tell a new mom to a child with special needs.
It’s almost time for the #SummerBlogSocial hosted by myself and Liz from a belle, a bean and a chicago dog.
To help you prepare let’s make sure you have the basics…
Are you wearing yoga pants? Flip flops? Rocking a ponytail with coffee or a cocktail in hand?
To make it easier for you to decide what path you want to take (or if you want, take them all!) we have grouped the prompts for #SummerBlogSocial into three categories. You can write on as many of the prompts as you would like and post as many times as you would like from August 1- August 5. We just ask that you stick to one prompt category per post to make it easy to link up, as we will be creating a separate linky for each category. A separate linky per category will make it easier for all of the #SummerBlogSocial attendees to follow along and read posts on the topics that interest them.
In order to maximize the networking opportunities from #SummerBlogSocial, there will also be a place for you to link up all of your social media contact information. Think of it as a virtual business card.
Here are the #SummerBlogSocial prompts:
Advice for Others
- Finish the phrase, “Before I began blogging, I wish I had known…” Feel free to substitute “blogging” with “joined Twitter” or whatever other social media phrase is appropriate.
- If a real life friend approached you and said, “I want to start a blog. Can you give me a list of helpful tips?“, what 10 (or more) things would you tell your friend?
- If you have gone to a blog conference before, tell us what your experience was like. Was it what you expected?
- When you visit a blog, what areas – besides the main post – do you check out? Do you visit the Nav Bar pages? Look at the sidebars? Check for a list of categories or tags? Talk about the elements of a website that are most important to you.
- What activities, practices, features or events have helped you most in terms of blog or social media growth?
Advice for Me
- Tell us about an element or two of your blog or social media presence that you are unsure of and would like opinions on.
- Tell us about something blog or social media-related that you see as a strength of yours, as well as an area that you could improve upon.
- If you had to start over with your blog, what would you change and why?
- What are your blogging/social media goals? Is there an area you feel is keeping you from achieving these goals that you would like advice on?
Waxing Philosophical & Other Stuff
- Where do you see your blog in 6 months? How about a year from now?
- What are your overriding goals for your blog and social media presence? How have those goals evolved over time?
- As you reflect back on your time blogging, tweeting and Facebooking, what has surprised you most?
- What one aspect of blogging and social media is your favorite? Least favorite?
Can’t wait to see everyone link up beginning Monday, August 1st! You can grab the code for the #SummerBlogSocial button from my sidebar.
You might also like...
Powered by Facebook Comments