Welcome to #SummerBlogSocial 2011!
If this is the first you are hearing about this, let me give you a brief recap:
Liz from a belle, a bean, and a chicago dog and I are hosting a week long blogging and social media event that you can participate in from the comfort of your own home! We have writing prompts (located below) and encourage you to write and link up as many times as you can from August 1st – 5th. Also, to encourage the networking aspect of a conference, we are including a linky for you to link up any and all social media profiles that’d you like.
You can grab the badge code from my sidebar, and find the linkys below.
You’ll see that there is a linky for each category of prompts, as well as a linky intended for any and all social media profiles you’d like followed.
The #SummerBlogSocial Writing Prompts:
Advice for Others (Prompts 1-5)
- Finish the phrase, “Before I began blogging, I wish I had known…“. Feel free to substitute “blogging” with “joined Twitter” or whatever other social media phrase is appropriate.
- If a real life friend approached you and said, “I want to start a blog. Can you give me a list of helpful tips?“, what 10 (or more) things would you tell your friend?
- If you have gone to a blog conference before, tell us what your experience was like. Was it what you expected?
- When you visit a blog, what areas – besides the main post – do you check out? Do you visit the Nav Bar pages? Look at the sidebars? Check for a list of categories or tags? Talk about the elements of a website that are most important to you.
- What activities, practices, features or events have helped you most in terms of blog or social media growth?
Advice for Me (Prompts 6-9)
- Tell us about an element or two of your blog or social media presence that you are unsure of and would like opinions on.
- Tell us about something blog or social media-related that you see as a strength of yours, as well as an area that you could improve upon.
- If you had to start over with your blog, what would you change and why?
- What are your blogging & social media goals? Is there an area you feel is keeping you from achieving these goals that you would like advice on?
Waxing Philosophical & Other Stuff (Prompts 10-13)
- Where do you see your blog in 6 months? How about a year from now?
- What are your overriding goals for your blog and social media presence? How have those goals evolved over time?
- As you reflect back on your time blogging, tweeting and Facebooking, what has surprised you most?
- What one aspect of blogging and social media is your favorite? Least favorite?
*One tip for linking the social media profiles…Enter your profile URL in the top field, then in the “Name” field, type something like “Fourplusanangel-Twitter” or “Fourplusanangel-LinkedIn” to help identify the links.
This post will be the one place to link up all writing prompt posts and social media profiles. Anything linked here will also be visible at a belle, a bean, and a chicago dog, and vice versa.
You might also like...
Powered by Facebook Comments