Mess? What Mess?

You know those children who open the refrigerator door just to get something to eat?

chocolate on face

Who let their parents handle the disposal of toothbrushes,

toothbrush in toilet

and would never think of touching their mom’s make up,

spilled make up

or taking more than just a square or two of toilet paper?

toilet paper

Those children who can walk past a can of paint without prying it open and painting their brother

paint on two year old

or see a permanent marker without picturing themselves as a tiger?

face with permanent marker

I have never given birth to one of those.*

*I swear I watch my children, I’m actually a little bit on the paranoid side so probably watch them too closely. But there are a lot of them and they are fast and sometimes I have to brush my teeth or pee or blink.

I received information about Clorox’s Bleach It Away campaign and am sharing my messy moment for the chance to win prizes from The SITS Girls. To learn more about the messy moment program, check out www.BleachItAway.com. Sharing your story on the Clorox fan page gets you entered for the chance to win $25,000 and daily prizes, and you can grab a coupon for Clorox® Regular Bleach.

Comments

comments

Comments

Wow, incredible blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is magnificent, as well as the content!. Thanks For Your article about My Kids are a Mess .

I was getting ready for work and as I was applying my makeup, let my daughter play with my brushes… I didn’t realize she also had my $20 Bare Minerals eyeshadow as well… I also didn’t realize she dumped the ENTIRE CONTAINER of brand spanking new eyeshadow all over my freshly clean sheets till I woke up the next morning a little more “sparkly” than usual.
    SUPAHMAMA recently posted..I’m SO sorry you guys!

I’m giggling b/c my husband’s older brother painted him blue when they were toddlers. My son has never met a Sharpie marker he didn’t love (or a wall he didn’t write on). And you’re right; we can’t catch every mess before it happens (especially once we’re outnumbered by under-3-footers). But it sure is funny to take a picture to use as bribery for when they’re older and have boy/girlfriends.
    Arnebya recently posted..Writer’s Workshop: The Maths

4. MommaKiss says

I’m not gonna lie, my kids haven’t really ever done anything like this. They once emptied the tupperware drawer and once killed an entire fish tank of fish. But No fun things like everyone is talking about. It’s not like I tie their hands behind their backs when I leave them alone, they just haven’t. I’m kind of jealous.
    MommaKiss recently posted..WTF Weds: Just Say No

The toothbrushes in the toilet are a new one for me,
    but the rest sound looks just like my house. Mostly it’s just my toddler, she’s a pro!
    We have to figure out a way not to blink.
    Mirjam recently posted..Gratitude

Very funny messy moment. Thanks for sharing! :)

I especially love this statement (and tweeted it with a linkback): “I swear I watch my children….But there are a lot of them….and sometimes I have to brush my teeth or pee or blink.”
    Cookie’s Mom recently posted..Winter’s Silver Lining

• Jessica says

Honestly, when I was looking through all of the pictures, you would think with all of the messes they cause that I am just laying on the couch with a magazine… but they find them SO quickly!

Toothbrushes in the toilet…nope never. But messy pilfered food from the fridge almost everywhere, yes. Sharpie in places it doesn’t belong (like bodies, computer screens, walls, sheets, etc…), yes. Make-Up stealthily gotten into, yes.

It’s amazing what kids can do in a scant amount of time it takes to hurriedly go to the bathroom. Nice to know one isn’t alone in this, ever.
    Paulette recently posted..10 Minutes

This is soooo funny!!! :-) I have a cousin, who, at 4 years old, could have easily passed as your kid. He was a mess. :-) Once, my mom gave him an apple in the backseat of the car. When she arrived at her destination, she saw seeds all over the back of the car. He’s eaten the core. Gross.

• Jessica says

I know and you would think I would learn and buy cheap stuff the next time but I didn\’t and of course they have done it again since.