Tiny Miracle

An hour deep into an endless bedtime and he was perfecting his somersault. Exhausted and yearning for five minutes of quiet, I gave up and let him play until his never-ending energy ran out a bit more.

He moved his circus act to my computer chair and insisted on a “Baby Movie.”

My sigh was met with a library of videos that buried me in memories.

Seconds into the first clip, I was reminded of the feist and spirit and will of my little boy’s heart.

I curled him into my arms, tucked his blonde head under my chin and basked in gratitude for the precious life sitting on my lap.

Today is World Prematurity Day. Take a moment to visit the March of Dimes and find out what you can do to help.

As a family, we will be dedicated to preventing premature birth for the rest of our lives…

because thank you just isn’t enough.

Comments

comments

Comments

I have tears in my eyes. This is a beautiful post. I love what the March of Dimes does and have donated many times. This year will be no different.

Hugs to you, my dear sweet friend and your beautiful boy.
    Tonya recently posted..An Inherited Love

• Jessica says

Isn\’t it amazing? I was a blubbering mess watching the videos in order to edit this one together. I see the clips and wonder how in the world we actually got through this and watched our babies struggle for life every day.

Oh my heart…Jessica..wow!!!! I know when I see the videos and the ultrasound pictures of my babies my heart somersaults. I am so lucky…we are so lucky and because I know the joy of bringing home your babies after you fought so hard for them…this truly made me tear up with happy tears for our “dreams come true” xoxo
    Kir recently posted..TRDC:Smile While I Wait

3. Nana says

Such a tiny body, so much strength, and I know the people he drew it from. Two amazing parents and an angel from above. This brought back so many memories.

I am so sorry, but I couldn’t watch the whole video. Something about seeing a preemie that just brings a rush of emotions all over again. Even the preemies on Grey’s have me in tears!!

Preemies are such special babies. :) Thanks for sharing a little bit of your little one’s story!

Sam
    Samantha recently posted..Roxy & World Prematurity Day

• Jessica says

Thank you so much for watching as much as you could. I always have a hard time watching too, it is amazing what they have overcome.

Oh my. ever amazed at the strength of you and other mothers who have been in your shoes. but in the same moment i know that you just “do.” you just find a way, i guess. because as mothers we have no other choice.
    He was a beautiful baby and is a gorgeous boy.
    Krista recently posted..I don’t even know what my point was

• Jessica says

Watching these videos I do wonder how we did this each day and watched our babies in such critical condition but as you said, we just \”do\” because they are our children and we wouldn\’t have it any other way.

6. Liz says

Love the video and the little guy starring in it! You’re so lucky to have those early moments captured. We weren’t allowed to have video cameras in the NICU…

P.S. Lucian said “baby” as we watched it. :)

• Jessica says

I have no idea why we were allowed to have video cameras because they were so strict about everything else but thank goodness we were. Aww, miss that Lucian.

Eyes filled with tears.

My 3 were born early, after being on bedrest for months. Even with medication and a cerclage: still born early. The sounds of the NICU…I’ll hear them forever.

Miracles.

I love them so much b/c we were told early on 50/50 for each one.

I love them so much.
    Alexandra recently posted..Sometimes, I Get It Right

• Jessica says

I honestly could spend my day watching that video over and over. That video amazes me every time I watch. Even as his mom I forget how small he was.