The Luxurious Life of a Work At Home Mom

I officially became a work-at-home mom several months ago.

The job is luxurious, let me tell you.

I don’t have time for a shower lounge in pajamas all day, balance the phone to my ear while wiping butts spend hours chatting with my business partner and break up sword fights while sending out our media kit.

BUT, it is very empowering to combine the ability to stay home with my children with the chance to do something I love.

So with my new venture in life I decided it was time to stop using photos of myself cropped out of a family pic and get head shots.

At the risk of going off track for a minute, did I ever mention I cannot make a decision? Like, it takes me 20 minutes to decide between baked potato or rice, butter or sour cream?

My photographer Scarlett, of Chasing Shadows Photography did an amazing job and I. CANNOT. CHOOSE.

So help me pick which one I should use:

head shots

Hair done by Lily and make up by Sonja, both of 6 Salon in Birmingham, you. must. go. there.

Oh and before you go thinking I really do live the glamorous life, here’s an insider view of my photo session, cling-on and all…

head shot with child

And in closing I leave you with one more glimpse into the work-at-home-mom world…

If you’ve ever hosted or attended a twitter party you know how fast-paced they are, the only saving grace Tracy and I have found is to keep Skype chat open during the twitter parties we host so we can communicate during the chat if I screw up something is going wrong.

Transcript from our Skype chat happening DURING our latest twitter party:

[3/27/12 1:27:21 PM] Jessica Watson: OMG poop explosion during twitter party

[3/27/12 1:27:42 PM] Tracy Morrison: OH NO! Do you need me to tweet from PSS?

[3/27/12 1:29:31 PM] Jessica Watson: I’m good, just changed him.

Multitasking at it’s finest.

I will be tweeting with my feet before you know it.

Because changing diapers with them would be more grossness than even I can handle.

Don’t forget to tell me which picture to choose, I need it for something exciting coming up ;)

Comments

comments

Comments

OMG!!! You are SOOO beautiful. I mean, I always knew this… but holy hot momma in these pictures! I think #2 is my favorite. Your smile is so beautiful… and radiant. And love the cling-on pictures, too. So cute!

I commend you for the multi-tasking. That’s pretty impressive!
    Charlotte recently posted..Coming out of hibernation

oh my gosh, you are so pretty. (im sayin’ in a totally straight, platonic way). these photos are great! i think i like 1 and 4 the best mb? its hard to decide. i love the “behind the scenes” bc i was looking at you thinking “wow, she’s so together… how does she do it?” and then i see “real life” in the second batch of shots and think… oh, ok, its just like my life!
    Alicia D recently posted..tHERsDay

3. Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful} says

First off, you’re going to get no help from us, they are all beautiful!!! For some reason I like #1 and #4 best. Must be the colors of your shirt and background. If I really had to choose, I think #1.

Gorgeous, and I loved your post. Pretty hilarious, and I’m always up for a behind the scenes sneak peek!
    Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful} recently posted..Motherhood: The Plan

4. Kristen says

You are absolutely beautiful in every photo! No wonder you are having such a hard decision. #1 is my favorite. It looks like your husband captured it in a moment if every day. I don’t think you could go wrong with any of them though…seriously!!
    Kristen recently posted..Which Wolf Are You Feeding?

5. Julie says

If I were at your place, I would chose the number 4. You look happy in a natural way, I also like your outfit, and I have to say, you look really hot and charming. By the way, the photographer did really a great job, it is really hard to chose from these.
    Julie recently posted..first dent

6. Courtney Kirkland says

You look beautiful in all of them….but I’m loving #2 the most. Looks natural. Like we’re getting a glimpse into what life is REALLY like. LOL I need to do this, too. I haven’t had headshots since I was a teenager.
    Courtney Kirkland recently posted..Move to Manual: Understanding Metering

Great shots! As far as the ones that are numbered – I vote #1 or #2. But, I LOVE the shot (not that I don’t love the others) of the outtakes – the one that is in the upper left hand corner. You can just tell that you’re really laughing there because of how McKenna is hiding behind you. I think you could either (a) just keep her in it b/c it’s something different & cute or (b) crop that one up a bit. I just think outtakes are fun to use – but that’s just me. This coming from a girl who has lobsters in all of her social media profile pics. ;)
    Elena recently posted..Getting My Facial On

I love #1 :)

I love reading your blog… what happened to the ‘Dear Daddy’ series? I loved reading them and so did my Husband :)

Congratulations on your new venture!

9. Karen says

I agree with Dena–#3 seems the most “businesslike”. But if youre going for what looks most like who you are, then I’d say#2.

10. Vanessa says

I like #4. And #3. And #1. Did this help at all? lol. Also, love the “professional” shots and then the “what really happened” shots! =)

11. Nancy says

Hi Jessica, I like the shots #2 snd #3. Neither would be a mistake. I like the black sweater on you, and it is a good contrast with your fair complexion and hair. Really beautiful. Your smile is really beautiful! I like the others, but I think the color of the sweater isn’t as complimentary to your pretty face. — but what do I know. You do look beautiful in all of them!

They are all awesome! you are sooooo photogenic! Since I don’t know you personally, it is hard to tell which one is more like the real you. I’ve only recently started following your blog so I hardly feel like I know your blogging personality either. :-(

I know your smile is not too big in #1 but I’m tending to lean towards it.

But in all honesty, my favorite is not listed. My favorite is the one where your daughter is hiding behind you. I’m sure it can be photoshopped!

We just got new headshots too. We had them but then I cut my hair off and we didn’t have any of us together as owners/colleagues. It was great fun. And thank goodness for photoshop.
    Missy Olive recently posted..What Inclusion Teaches Us

Dang girl! I already knew how beautiful you were but these are stunning! I like all of them 2. I just had mine done too because I figured it was time because I have some things in the works. I need to post mine too to show off the amazing camera work.

I really need to find a job where I can work at home. Both of my kids are home sick from school and I always feel so guilty when I have to call off.
    Jayme recently posted..This Is Why I Am Exhausted…

You know that i’m a fan of having multiple for various reasons. Since they are all pretty much the same crop right now, what about choosing one that’s just of your face (that the photog could crop down) and choose a different one that includes more of you?

Like, maybe keep #1 as is, and then have #2 cropped down to your face? That way you have a more formal look and a more casual/fun one?
    liz recently posted..When Kid Spell Turns Ugly

They’re all so pretty! And your little shadow is pretty cute, too :)

I am indecisive, too, so maybe I shouldn’t even weigh in. I like #4 but like the close-up-ness (what? that’s not a word) of #2. (Then I scrolled back up and maybe like #2, with #4 as a second choice. See, indecisive…)
    angela recently posted..Celebrating with Memories

My favorites are #1 (great smile here) and #3 (you look like a powerhouse in that one). What look are you hoping to convey with these? Thinking maybe serious because of the crossed arms pose in most?