Did I ever mention two of my children cannot have dairy?
Have you ever
clicked on every pretty recipe on Pinterest tried to find good recipes that do not include dairy?
I mean really good recipes, not, oh-for-not-having-milk-butter-or-cream-in-it-this-is-not-bad recipes.
They are rare, almost as rare as my creativity in the kitchen prior to having children with food sensitivities.
So when I not only experiment with ingredients but am brave enough to do it with my children and every one of them loves the results, I get really excited to share the recipe here and try to pretend that I am a food photographer before the last piece of evidence is eaten.
- 1/2 cup margarine softened (Fleishmann’s unsalted has no dairy or casein)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup almond milk (if you use sweetened or vanilla almond milk cut the sugar by about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
You might also like...
Powered by Facebook Comments