Maybe it is because we’ve slowed into our fall rush
or because they don’t need my lap as much anymore.
But I catch myself looking at my newly fived year-olds as their own biggish, little people.
I watch them two feet in front of me and see them as the rest of the world does.
Parker, putting on his shoes, zipping his coat and finding his place in the car without a single question for help.
McKenna, picking out striped tights with a polkadot dress, pouring her brother too much juice and organizing crafts before my eyes are fully open.
They are moving past my lead and creating their own paths, I’m keeping up. Almost.
I know this belonging will continue to shift, they will be less mine and more themselves.
Feet won’t dangle from chairs and words won’t be sounded out and step stools will disappear from below the sink.
As much as I hate saying goodbye to babyhood and struggle to find a word for this after-toddlerhood,
I love them for stretching the boundaries of my heart,
and showing me how great the view is from afar.
-pink cake mix
-pink wafer cookies
-mini chocolate chips
Make cupcakes according to mix directions and frost with pink frosting. Cut wafers into triangles (use a sharp knife to avoid crumbling) and place two on each cupcake as ears. Halve marshmallows and place one on each cupcake as a nose. Use two mini chocolate chips for eyes.
-chocolate covered wafer cookies
1. Frost five cupcakes with white frosting and one cupcake with pink.
2. Dip three of the white frosted cupcakes in colored sugar and set aside.
3. Frost a rectangular portion of one cupcake for the hat and dip in colored sugar then frost remaining portion of cupcake white.
4. Line up cupcakes as show in photo and press chocolate covered wafers into cupcakes for brim of hat, arms and legs. Cut off 3/4 inch pieces of chocolate wafers for feet and press into cupcakes below wafer legs.
5. To decorate face, cut a triangular section of one pink wafer and place upright as nose. Place M&M’s in for cheeks. Cut a marshmallow in half and then pull marshmallow ends outwards to create hair. Use another small section of marshmallow to create a mouth/beard.
6. Design nutcracker suit with M&M’s and piped frosting and pipe frosting to create a belt loop on the chocolate wafer.
If you liked this you might like...
Powered by Facebook Comments