My three year-old was officially introduced to Peeps this weekend. He sat at the table wide-eyed while his siblings explained that yes there was sparkly stuff on the outside and gooey stuff on the inside.
Once the shock wore off and the sugar-high kicked in, I confiscated the rest of the boxes to try out some new Easter treats. They turned out great and were easy enough to make that the Peep-filled little people helped too.
Before you head to the kitchen you MUST watch this video, it’s one of the most clever Youtube videos I’ve seen. It’s a quick, cute clip that also offers all kinds of clickable links to Easter crafts and recipes. I’ve never seen this done before and can’t believe how many Peeps projects there are out there for us to do. We will be busy this week if I can keep everyone from eating the last of our stash.
1 stick of butter
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
1. Bring the butter, sugar, cocoa powder and milk to a boil and let boil for one minute.
2. Add the peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal and remove from heat.
3. Stir mixture and drop by the teaspoonful on waxed paper or a non-stick cookie sheet.
4. Press one Peep into the center of each cookie.
5. Refrigerate until hardened.
Oh and we couldn’t resist, one last Peeps project…
Powered by Facebook Comments