Yesterday was one of those perfect summer days where the weather is good, the kids are almost not fighting and everyone goes to bed with sticky cheeks and sugar-filled dreams. I think we might have figured out how to have the best summer day around here.
Start with painting outside
1. Fill shallow bowls with washable paint.
2. Dip your favorite shaped Peeps in your favorite colors.
3. Press Peeps to paper and paint away!
Then make a Peeps pond
1. Follow recipe for blue Jello Jigglers, letting the Jello set for a full three hours.
2. Place chick-shaped Peeps in desired locations around your Jello dish to create the look of a duck pond.
3. Select cookie cutters that are small enough to fit under each Peep.
4. Lift each Peep and cut out a shape underneath, leaving the shape in the Jello.
5. Let the kids pick a Peep and discover what shape they get to eat!
Cheers to the summer
1. Pour your favorite drink into glass cups. We tried out lemonade with the new Lemonade flavored Peeps because a portion of all proceeds go to Alex’s Lemonade Stand, a foundation fighting childhood cancer.
2. Poke a hole through each Peep with a straw and set at the edge of the glass.
3. Distribute to all children then wonder what you were thinking when you gave them glass cups and switch to plastic and sippy cups once the “CHEERS!” get out of hand.
Toast the end of a great day
1. Roast s’mores around the campfire. I chose the new Bubblegum flavored Peeps because nothing says summer like pink bubblegum.
2. Make s’mores as you always would, sandwiching your Peep in the middle of the chocolate and graham crackers.
3. Begin roasting Peeps as fast as possible to keep up with demand.
This post was sponsored by Peeps but all thoughts, crafts, recipes and overwhelming amounts of sugar are my own.
If you liked this you might like...
Powered by Facebook Comments