Rather than buy a Christmas countdown chart I had the kids make their own this year. It’s a great way to sneak in some number-writing practice and let them get creative. We came up with a fun idea to really personalize our Christmas countdown this year.
1. Help the kids find their favorite photo.
2. Enlarge the photo, if necessary, and print an 8×10 size.
3. Let them decorate themselves a bit, adding a Santa hat. If you have a “Mrs. Claus” she could make her own hat or curly hair with circles rather than giving herself a beard.
4. Let the kids draw 25 circles then write the numbers 1 through 25 on each circle.
5. Have them cut out the circles and save them in a baggie for the month.
6. Each day they can glue on their own circle and slowly turn themselves into Santa!
Powered by Facebook Comments