Have you seen those really cute moms who do blog posts about their makeup routines?
I love them.
I want to be them when my kids grow up. Standing in front of a mirror, putting on my makeup as I recite my latest finds from the cosmetic counter.
Believe it or not I thought I would never have the chance to post my make up routine because it’s not really blog-worthy.
Scoot to the edge of your chair, I’m sure you will want to replicate this one:
1. Find one moment in time when your children are remotely occupied.
2. Get out your makeup bag from the “secret makeup bag hiding spot that cannot be found by your children.”
3. Peek at your adorable children and do a head count.
4. Set makeup bag on bathroom counter and begin to spread plaster over the bags under your eyes.
5. Repeat head count and notice you are one toddler short.
6. Run from bathroom with one eye semi-plastered in search of child who is also now diaperless, judging from the evidence in the hallway.
7. Catch and re-diaper two year old and return to bathroom to find someone else has sped your makeup routine right along.
8. Vow to try again someday and silently look forward to a trip to the store alone to replace your damaged goods.
Oh and how could I forget, my must haves:
-bare minerals foundation in light (still intact, the cap must have been on tight)
-Maybelline Big Lash mascara (cap deceivingly on, traces of black on outside of bottle)
-e.l.f All Over Color Stick (all over everything)
-bare minerals warmth (lightly/heavily dusted on all countertops enough to warrant the Magic Eraser)
-a bunch of other stuff thrown in there just to give my make up bag some volume and give me more to clean up
-a good bath (and mohawks all around) for my make up artists.
What is the one thing you dream of doing someday?
Powered by Facebook Comments