Every Monday I start the school/work week optimistic. Reenergized from the weekend, I am always
disillusioned certain this will be my week of organized crafts, home cooked meals, never-ending patience and a clean house.
Since we are nearing the end of another
train-wreck week I thought I would post a little review of how my plan went down, just in case I wake up starry eyed next week too.
- Everyone up, bathed and dressed early. Four doctors appointments in one day
because I am insaneto get them all out of the way at once.
- Pre-pack snacks and toys and even drop off lunch for my husband.
- Get home in time to do the latest craft I fell in love with on Pinterest.
- Happily let the kids cover themselves with art mediums while I cook the dinner I had already prepped.
- Extra bedtime stories, no worries if Daddy is working late.
- Up early in hopes of five minutes of peace, kids hear my eyelids open and begin their requests. I can do this. With coffee.
- Keep one home from school, not sure he’s fully recovered from most recent germ infestation.
- Lunch? Didn’t we just have breakfast?
- Resist the forcefield pulling me to my computer and make play-doh in hopes they play and I am not needed for two seconds.
- Husband working late. Breakfast for dinner and early bedtimes.
- Time out #1 before sun up.
- Hold onto my yoga pants for dear life as I am pulled on to play outside, find a boot, get juice, stand on my head.
- Pray we don’t see anyone we know at the grocery store because I never had time to shower.
- Bribe everyone with Skittles to keep them in the cart.
- Pay for bribe when we get home with couch diving, bed jumping and nap refusal.
- Pizza for dinner.
- Call husband at work, on cell, at work, on cell. Pray he isn’t answering because he is pulling into the driveway.
- Who invented whining?
- Wonder if preschool will allow for a 6 am – 6 pm day to make up for son’s time off.
- Daughter dressed as a gypsy much to her satisfaction and refusing to enter the van.
- Two year old crying for Skittle lodged in van door from day before.
- Cereal for lunch or dinner or both?
- Watch Toy Story for the 4,563,321 time. Mommy wants to tweet.
- Lock myself in bathroom to finish third try at a phone call with utility company who ask me repeatedly if I need to call back when it’s quiet. Which would be NEVER.
- Yell. Curse myself for yelling. Yell again. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.
- Text husband:
- Beautiful and sunny here in Mexico.
- Of course I brought the kids, I missed them as soon as I walked out the door.
- Nannies, housekeepers and craft-coordinators are less expensive here right? I need them to start by Monday.
Powered by Facebook Comments